Outside the Box: Chic Fall Wreaths
Give your front door a dose of autumn with these outside-the-box ideas.
Faux flowers and fake leaves have been done, done, done. Give your front door a dose of autumn with these outside-the-box ideas.
1. Burlap. Snag a wreath that’s wrapped in this classic autumn textile. Or DIY a piece by folding and twisting it through a metal wreath frame.
2. Felt. Like burlap this fabric screams fall. Think wreaths crafted from felt rosettes or wrapped in yarn and accented with felt leaves.
3. Lima beans. Though the end result looks luxe, most wreaths of this ilk are made by simply hot gluing uncooked beans to a styrofoam base.
4. Acorns. A sister to the lima bean wreath, this version colors your door in deep brown rather than bright white. Accent with a bow and pray the squirrels stay away.
5. Grains. A wreath crafted from sprays of millet, wheat, flax and corn gives your front door rustic appeal.
6. Cranberries. Take your door from fall into the first days of winter with a wreath built from this popular berry.
7. Paper. Of course Martha Stewart has a tutorial on how to fashion a wreath out of leaves cut from vintage papers. It hits just the right note for back-to-school season.